Job Title: Solicitor or Legal Executive (FCILEx)
Department: Conveyancing and Commercial
Position: Full Time (37.5 hours)
Experience: 2–5 years PQE
We have an exciting opportunity in a privately funded law firm for a qualified Solicitor or Chartered Legal Executive to build on their expertise and make a real difference in the lives of our clients. We are looking for an experienced and qualified Conveyancing lawyer to support the firm in a well-established, growing department.
It is essential that the applicant has a minimum of 2 years of experience within Conveyancing and Commercial law. This position is based in our office in Hereford.
- Representing and advising clients in Conveyancing and Commercial matters, ensuring that transactions go through legally. Dealing with the purchasing and selling of property or premises, carrying out local searches and speaking to the seller / buyers’ solicitors, to ensure that the process is expedited with minimal risk. Handling of any contentious issues which may arise and work closely with investors, developers, government, retailers, and public sector organisations to achieve the desired outcome of the client.
- You will work closely with the Managing Director & Solicitor, Michael Horne, as well as paralegals, secretaries, and other support staff.
- Providing advice to clients, in person and via telephone or video conference.
- Drafting legal documents as well as reviewing documentation.
- Establishing a compelling position for the client, using a complete and accurate understanding of the matter and Conveyancing and Commercial law
The successful applicant will:
- be capable of working across the whole range of conveyancing and commercial disputes for clients
- provide a high quality, efficient and effective legal service, ensuring client satisfaction at all times
- achieve billing, time and fee earning targets set and co-operate with the firm’s credit control arrangements
- continue to develop your personal skills and experience within your field of expertise
What We Offer You
- Competitive salary DOE
- Support in continuing professional development and pursuing your long-term career goals
- A dynamic, client-driven work environment to apply your skills where they’ll make the most difference
- A purpose-built staff room and one-hour lunch breaks
- Free on-site parking
- Generous leave allowance
- Access to the firm’s private gym with showers and sauna
Outside of the office, you might find us out bowling, sailing, mountain biking, hosting seminars, or anything in between. Anything goes. Even piloting helicopters.
Why Work for Kidwells
Kidwells Solicitors works to empower our clients, whether business or individuals. And that starts with empowering our staff, too. Our firm of lawyers and support staff enjoy a high quality of work, in an energetic and friendly environment where they can learn, evolve, and make a real difference in the lives of our clients.
Established in 2008, Kidwells Solicitors is a Law Society Lexcel accredited, dynamic group. Our clients value us for our efficient, honest, and proactive approach. We take the time to truly understand our clients and their needs. Our diversity, breadth of experience, and unique level of hands-on expertise are our greatest strengths, enabling us to provide a one-stop service for our clients.
Ultimately, you’ll be part of a team that works with clients to build a better future, for themselves, their community, their family, or their business.
You will be experienced in running your own caseload, dealing with clients, and be able to take the initiative in all tasks, applying a forensic approach to your work. Strong communication skills both verbal and written and the ability to manage own time and maintain excellent organisational skills are required.
The successful applicant must:
- be able to work effectively within a team, as well as efficiently running an individual caseload.
- be professional, organised, competent, enthusiastic and ambitious.
- be able to work with other fee earners and seek advice and assistance whenever needed to develop knowledge and skills
Employees are encouraged to take regular time off with holiday entitlement mirroring the public sector, to relax in the purpose-built staff room, to make the most of the top of the range gym, and encouraged to work with the Board of Directors to constantly improve the working environment, to continue their professional development, to learn and evolve as individuals as the Company continues to evolve as market leaders.